We need to realize that God often uses problems to:
- Direct us (to light a fire under us to get us moving, to make a change)
- Inspect us (so we can see what we are made of)
- Correct us (because some lessons we can learn only through pain and failure)
- Protect us (a flat tire could keep you from being in an accident down the road)
- Perfect us (responding correctly to problems builds character)
Ouch, it hurts to obey and submit, but God is pure and accurate when He says to consider it all joy when you encounter various trials. They do have good results when you look to Him. Let’s all try to be more aware of each other in our struggles. Let’s try to be encouragers and not discouragers. When we are a bit “testy” with each other, remember that we are all hurting with some of the harder aspects of trying to hear from God and obey Him. This life is hard because of the flesh, not the spirit, so call upon Jesus to have His strength to perform that which you are called to do. Endure the fire…it’s producing pure gold!