- Akarion took a business trip out to San Diego and then visited relatives nearby. We are thankful for her safe return.
- Pastor Mark took his annual trip to Montana to visit with his brothers and spend some “guy time” out in the wilds. He was super sick while out there and had to go to a local clinic. But, in spite of all that, he survived with joy and was blessed in it all.
- Pastor Linda’s niece, Maggie, was baptized at a church in Gainesville near where Maggie attends the University of Florida. Linda was blessed and overjoyed, as well as Maggie’s mom, Mary Beth.
- Pastor Linda did a presentation at her local hiking club covering all her section hikes of the Appalachian Trail accomplished over the last eight years. Dr. Shirley, Shem, Akarion (who have also been on these section hikes) and little Adelyn (who will most likely be up there with her mom someday) also attended. It was a lot of fun looking at the PowerPoint pictures and all the gear, along with all the suggestions of what to take and what not to take. The bear and mice stories are always worth repeating!
- Pastor Mark’s granddaughter, Adelyn, started pre-school for two half days each week…she is enjoying her new playmates and the many learning opportunities. Pastor Mark just loves to stop by her school and visit his little sweetheart.
- Ted and Carolyn have been blessed with such a rich miracle…a new house. They are all moved and settled in, and we love them being so close to the church and the others on the Leadership Team. It has been a blessing to stop by and have coffee with them on their front porch.
- Please keep Drew in your prayers. He has recently taken a contracting job with the government and has been deployed overseas in the war zone. We will continue to minister to his family in his absence.
- Shem travels quite a bit with her photography business and recently completed a trip to New Orleans and Washington, DC. What a blessing to have this vibrant, godly young woman as part of our church family.
- Say…the rumor is that Linda has been bike riding in between running and Shirley has been biking with teacher friend. Carolyn, the other rumor is that you will be starting morning walks three days a week with some of the above-mentioned ladies. What a wonderful bunch of great examples of maintaining higher levels of health to be strong for the work of the Lord. Way to go!
Whoa! It has been awhile since the last update; but many of our distance supporters truly enjoy the local news of the place they call their “home church”. We have been blessed over the years to be privileged to minister to the many that have crossed our paths here at Great Hope Christian Fellowship Church.