Thank you so much again for your love and care over the years. Your prayers, your tithes and offerings have been used in the harvest work of God (as seen below). Through your generosity, many souls have come to know the Lord. In that, they have been enriched mightily in His truth.
This year marks the 41st year of our little church serving the Tampa Bay area. With your prayerful and financial assistance, we will continue to minister here and to the community beyond our church. Some examples of the harvest work you help provide:
- Civil Air Patrol Chaplaincy – a ministry to the emergency responders of the Air Force Auxiliary and the Cadet Training Program, offering character development classes and field church services during actual and training missions. In addition, Active Duty, Reserve and Guard military weddings, funerals and events are provided assistance.
- Friends of the Unborn – a ministry that provides housing and training for homeless pregnant women in the Boston, MA area. We send donations of CVS, Target and Wal-Mart gift cards to them for their personal and infant needs.
- Prison Ministry – occasional collections are made for inmate accounts, allowing them to purchase supplies and snacks.
- Veterans’ Ministry – pastoral support at various veteran events.
- Piercing the Darkness – community outreach through book publishing, seminars and speaking engagements.
- NEW…American Veterans Radio Ministry – a radio program designed to touch the hearts of America through the comments and personal stories of our veterans.
Some Member/Attender News:
- His business position in our community is a rich avenue to teach, counsel and pray with his customers. His hard work as our Senior Pastor (without remuneration for all these years!) is a treasure in God’s eyes.
- The Monday night prayer meeting is at 7:30 pm at the church and all are welcome. Hearts are changing and being blessed in these sessions.
- Her diligence in pursuing an aggressive prayer ministry, through our church meeting, as well as external prayer meetings and teachings, is enhancing the body of Christ.
- He is currently working on spreading the gospel in our local areas and has recently taken on the Sunday School lead teaching position.
- Please continue in prayer for him, as he will soon be leaving again for the Middle East as a government contractor and is encouraged through our prayers.
- This year, three of his five daughters were married and are on their life’s journey.
- The Lord has led him to start the new radio ministry mentioned previously. He and Carolyn have moved to the Zephyrhills area, so our contact is often the electronic kind.
- Continues the position (volunteer) as Southeast Region Chaplain for the USAF Aux/CAP. In that ministry, she guides the chaplains in a five-state area, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- In addition, she has worked with a chaplain team in completely revising the disaster chaplain training for all of USAF Aux/CAP in United States.
- She continues speaking at different venues on various topics: Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH), Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and as the keynote speaker at a conference for the families of military personnel who have committed suicide.
- Continues her walking regimen.
- She is a cancer survivor and praises the Lord with each step. Faithfully going along with her each step of the way is her daughter, Cathy.
- She does admit, though, that her walking has decreased a bit since her family recently gave her a car.
- Continues in his outreach and service to those in the Dominican Republic. He has been living there for the past few months. Continue your prayers for God’s work to be fulfilled.
- The last two of her and Drew’s five girls are still at home finishing school. Lisa has also returned to work as a home care nurse, being mightily blessed in that service. She considers it a true mission of love in the Lord.
- Remains recuperating at home after a recurring cardiac event.
- Still needs prayer regarding her knees and shoulder issues. God is good to hear our prayers.
- Will be completing his degree in Public Health and taking a new job at the local VA hospital.
That should do it for now. We love and cherish each one of you and humbly thank you for your participation with us in this portion of His vineyard. Well done good and faithful servants.
Check us out: www.myghcf.com and www.facebook.com/myghcf
Your faithful servants in Christ,
Great Hope Christian Fellowship