- Pastor Linda was blessed to visit Disney World area with visiting family members—what a sacrifice, huh!
- Whoa! What do you mean she went back for another trip with Akarion and Addy? Must be nice!
- Thanks to some generous donations and Dr. Shirley Parsons' hard work at coordinating all of the work and workers, we now have a new foyer entrance, a new Ladies Room foyer, and renovations to the Men's Room. Hold on guys—the flat-screen TV and moose head have already been ordered—just kidding!
- Carolyn Marshall had a whopping big yard sale and the Salvation Army got the leftovers...win-win for all.
- The Leadership meetings continue on the second Wednesday of the month (this is in addition to the regular Board of Directors meetings). These meetings are designed to help the Leadership Team prayerfully seek the Lord for unity in teaching and ministry.
- Pastor Linda continued her training for running the Disney Half Marathon in January. She says it is not running anymore but more like "lumbering"!
- Keep Debbie S. and her family in your prayers during her incarceration.
- We hope your Christmas time and New Year's celebrations were holy and refreshing in Jesus.
- We are deeply grateful to the Farkas family for taking up a season of cleaning the church.
Whoa! It has been awhile since the last update; but many of our distance supporters truly enjoy the local news of the place they call their “home church”. We have been blessed over the years to be privileged to minister to the many that have crossed our paths here at Great Hope Christian Fellowship Church.
A few items of interest:
Akarion, Shem and Linda completed hiking another section of the Appalachian Trail. They have been going up there for seven to eight years or so to conquer the 2,173 miles of Trail—only about 1,850 miles to go...yuk, yuk! They thank the Lord for fun and fellowship and His safety and provision...a great life in Him!
We received this wonderful comment for our website from Ruthi J. It is our constant prayer that lives are blessed and hearts are changed as they grow closer to our Lord:
"I love your website. I was listening to your sermon on the tabernacle...great material! Never heard it preached that way, but I think I understand some of it better now. I'm hooked! As soon as I get some more ink for my printer I'm going to print the study guide notes. I'm also going to go back and listen to your sermon a couple more times. Again, this site is AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work!! LOVE YOU."
Cindy H. has been cigarette free for 33 days. We cheer her on in her success. Way to go Cindy!