- WHOA…how can it have been so long since the last thank you letter I sent out! Life has been challenging for us all, but I want to get this out to the most wonderful servants of the Lord…YOU.
Thank you so much, again, for your love and care over the years. Your prayers, your tithes and offerings have been used in the harvest work of God (as seen below). Through your generosity, many souls have come to know the Lord. In that, they have been enriched mightily in His truth.
This year marks the forty-second year of our little church serving the Tampa Bay area. With your prayerful and financial assistance, we will continue to minister here and to the community beyond our church. Some examples of the harvest work you help provide:
- Weekly Worship Services/Bible Studies/Prayer Meetings at GHCF
- Civil Air Patrol Chaplaincy, a ministry to the emergency responders of the Air Force Auxiliary and the Cadet Training Program, offering Character Development classes, field church services during actual and training missions. In addition, Active Duty, Reserve and Guard military weddings, funerals and events are provided assistance.
- Friends of the Unborn, a ministry that provides housing and training for homeless pregnant women up in the Boston, MA area. We send donations of CVS, Target and Wal-Mart gift cards to them for their personal and infant needs.
- Prison Ministry-occasional collections are made for inmate accounts, allowing them to purchase supplies and snacks
- Veterans’ Ministry-pastoral support at various veteran events
- Piercing the Darkness-community outreach through book publishing, seminars and speaking engagements
- NEW…Veterans Radio Ministry-a radio program designed to touch the hearts of America through the comments and personal stories of our veterans (www.veteransradiominisry.com).
Some Member/Attender News:
- His business position in our community is a rich avenue to teach, counsel and pray with his customers. His hard work as our Senior Pastor (without remuneration for all of these years!) is a treasure in God’s eyes.
- The Monday night prayer meeting is a specially called group from our church who are in training in the ways of the Holy Spirit. It’s not a “prayer meeting” as such. But anyone who stops by will be richly blessed and tended to with love and prayer.
- Her diligence in pursuing an aggressive prayer ministry, through our church meeting, as well as external prayer meetings and teachings is enhancing the body of Christ.
- She will be homeschooling her grandchild this Fall.
- We are in the prayerful stage of coordinating for seminars on various spiritual teachings, to be presented to the community.
- He is currently working on spreading the gospel in our local areas and has recently taken on the Sunday School Lead Teaching position.
- Please continue in prayer for him, as he occasionally has to travel to the Middle East as a government contractor.
- So far, three of his five daughters have been married and are on their lives' journeys.
- The Lord has led him to start the new radio ministry mentioned previously. He and Carolyn have moved to the Zephyrhills area, so our contact is often the electronic kind.
- Continues the position (volunteer) as Southeast Region Chaplain for the USAF Aux/CAP. In that ministry, she guides the chaplains in a five-state area, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- In addition, she has worked with a chaplain team in completely revising the disaster chaplain training for all of USAF Aux/CAP in United States.
- She continues speaking at different venues on various topics: Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH), Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), Suicide Awareness seminars. On Veterans Day this year, she will be doing the Invocation for the 25th Anniversary celebration of the Vietnam Women’s Memorial in Washington, DC.
- Has been seriously ill and in and out of ICU for a chronic lung disease. She is currently in Hospice Care. Your prayers are appreciated.
Ramon A. -
- Continues in his outreach and service to those in the Dominican Republic. He has been living there for the past few months. Continue your prayers for God’s work to be fulfilled. He will be returning to Tampa soon.
- The last two of her and Drew’s five girls are still at home, one is finishing home school, and the other is in a local Bible School. Lisa briefly returned to work as a home care nurse but has finished that season and is now back at home teaching.
- Remains recuperating at home after a recurring cardiac event.
- Still needs prayer regarding her knees and shoulder issues. God is good to hear our prayers.
- Completed his degree in Public Health and his currently working at a local insurance agency.
That should do it for now. You all remain in our prayers and we know that God will return His favor upon you. We love and cherish each one of you and humbly thank you for your participation with us in this portion of His vineyard. Well done good and faithful servants.
Check us out: www.myghcf.com and www.facebook.com/myghcf
Your faithful servants in Christ,
Great Hope Christian Fellowship