To us, the world is often rotten and unfair. Remember, though, Jesus offered no immunity to horrors and unfairness – only a way through it. The cross overcame evil, not the horrors and unfairness of it.
God loves us, He wants to bless us, but He’s not stupid. He won’t pour His blessings into a bucket with holes in it. He has set some standards for living and He encourages us to learn them and follow them. There are ample examples in the Scriptures of His many blessings being poured out onto those who obey Him. Plug up those holes in your bucket by obeying Him, worshipping Him, praising Him.
- Obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22)
- Whoever does the will of God will enter heaven (Matthew 7:21)
- Jesus Himself learned obedience through that which He suffered (Hebrews 5:8)
- If you obey God, you will be His possession (Exodus 19:5)
- In reading and obeying God’s word you will prosper and succeed (Joshua 1:8)
- Obey God and prosper, be strong and courageous (1 Chronicles 22:12-13)
- Delighting in the Lord is like being planted by streams of water and you will prosper (Psalm 1:2-3)
- You will inherit the kingdom of God (Matthew 25:34)
- By your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return (Luke 6:38)
Don’t get me wrong now, having trials and troubles doesn’t mean you’re off God’s list…they are either allowed or actually constructed by God to change you and strengthen you. It’s not easy, but with Him, it’s doable.
God has abundant blessings for His people. Join with Him, obey Him and be mightily blessed!
NOW GO LIVE IT
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.