If anyone hasn’t noticed, there are huge changes going on in our world:
• Educational system problems
• Family breakup problems
• Corruption in business and government
• Arts and entertainment in the sewer
We tend to cry out, “Come soon, Lord Jesus!”
I would like to propose something else, seeing as He hasn’t come yet. Let’s get spiritually fit for the battle. I’ve started a blog… www.Crossfitforyoursoul.com and here is the latest entry:
There is a lot going on in our country and our world. Three devastating hurricanes, one of which I had to endure here in Tampa; threats to many nations, including our own from the despots, the deranged and those out to destroy.
But in looking at the root of all these evils, too many seem to be chasing rabbits...religious ideation, political affiliation, gun control etc. All of those are influential in many ways, but I think we may be missing the point. It's the morality, stupid!!!
I am repeating here what I posted on Facebook. It seems to me, that over 50 years of this country not having prayer and Bible in the schools, our culture inundated in a media system full of nudity, crudity and violence, the acceptance of abortion on demand as commonplace, the growing anti-conservative fever gripping many, the seeming aversion to the absolute necessity of the basic family structure and the cherry-picked, propaganda-filled history being jammed down the throats of our vulnerable students by liberal dominated ideologues have done more damage than any gun ever could. Those changes are killing the basic foundation needed to provide a thriving, healthy, full life for 320 million people and the dreams of a nation.
There, done. Deal with it. Told you this was a tough workout.
In that light…let’s get a workout going so you have the strength to face, get through and help CHANGE the direction of this community, state and nation.
I am sure you have heard of the exercise program “CrossFit”. It has the participants go through a series of exercises designed to strengthen them and increase their aerobic activity…it is brutal! It involves using your body in different positions to squat, pull up, push up etc. Some of my nieces and nephews also enjoy their youth in this type of exercise. It is the workout out of workouts! Crazy Pastor Drew has done the Spartan series using the CrossFit exercises on an obstacle course.
God has a “spiritual workout” for us, too…and just like the physical one, it PREPARES you to serve Him. He tells us to be fit…be prepared…be ready.
2 Timothy 2:21 – be PREPARED for every good work
Luke 12:12 – the HOLY SPIRIT will TEACH you in that very hour what you are to say
2 Timothy 4:2 – BE READY in season and out of season
Seven spiritual “CrossFit” moves you have to do to be spiritually fit:
1. Lying down - for spiritual rest – Psalm 23:2 “He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters.”
2. Sitting - for instruction – Luke 10:39 “And she had a sister called Mary, who moreover was listening to the Lord’s word, seated at His feet.” (Mary sat and Martha worked)
3. Standing - for warfare – Ephesians 6:14-17 “Stand firm and take up the armor of God…”
4. Walking - for fellowship – 1 John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another…”
5. Running - for progress – Hebrews 12:1 “…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”
6.Leaping - for praise – Acts 3: 8 “And with a leap, he stood upright, and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.”
7. Mounting up - for exaltation – Isaiah 40:31 “Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.”
See – the end result of God’s spiritual CrossFit…you will run and not be weary…you shall walk and not faint!
Just like a physical CrossFit program takes discipline – so it is for God’s “CrossFit” program.
Hebrews 12:11 “All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.”
So…let’s get going:
Just do it! Our world needs you.
NOW GO LIVE IT
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.