2 Timothy 3:1-4, 13
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be:
- Lovers of self
- Lovers of money
- Disobedient to parents
- Malicious gossips
- Without self-control
- Haters of good
- Lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
But evil men and imposters will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
YIKES! Are we there yet?
How to counter this:
2 Timothy 3:14-17
You however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them; and then from childhood you have known the sacred writings, which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 4:2-5
I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:
- Preach the word
- Be ready in season and out of season
- Exhort, with great patience and instruction
Are we there yet?
- Are to be temperate
- Sound in faith, love and perseverance
- Are to be reverent in their behavior
- Not malicious gossips
- Nor enslaved to much wine
- Teaching what is good
- So that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and their children
- To be sensible
- Workers at home
- Being subject to their own husbands (meaning not the whole village!)
- Are to be sensible
- To be an example of good deeds
- With purity in doctrine
- Sound in speech, which is beyond reproach
- Be subject to your bosses in everything
- Not argumentative
- Not pilfering
- But showing all good faith so as to wear the doctrine of God our Savior in every respect
Are we there yet?
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
Do all this and you will be there…with Him, for eternity.
Amen and amen…God is with us.
NOW GO LIVE IT!
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS