Let’s see what God says about sin…
Some of the words used to describe sin:
- Falling short – missing the mark
- Unrighteousness – doing wrong, hurt
- Iniquity – lawlessness
- Trespass – give in to temptation when you knew the right way
- Transgression – cross a line that God has drawn
- Ungodliness – living in rebellion against God
- Disobedience – neglecting hearing and heeding God’s commands
- Ignorance – breaking God’s commands inadvertently – but still no excuse
All of the above are descriptions of doing something that is against the course of life that God has set. All are the result of the broken Adam nature, not what God created. All are spiritual “dirt” that will keep you out of God’s presence.
That is why the sacrifice of Jesus, taking the punishment for YOUR SINS, is so important to understand!
- Not religion
- Not legalism
- Not good works (although important)
- Not money
- Not wishing
- Not anything but the blood covenant Jesus made for YOU
Best definition of sin is found in 1 John 5:17:
…all unrighteousness is sin.
Sin…so what, think some. So what? I’ll tell you “so what”…
- Sin, regardless of the degree, always has an effect…separation from God
- Adam was told if he ate of a certain tree he would die…HE DIED
- That death was spiritual (separation from God) and physical (dead, dead)
- Once sin entered in – so did physical and spiritual DEATH
This isn’t hopeless folks…death can be overcome by LIFE. A re-attaching, a re-union, a re-connecting with God…the God of life.
And that is not done in a church or a religion…but in your heart. You may be in a church or religion, but He has to be in your HEART. Only YOU can initiate this restoration with God. Take that moment to humble yourself, ask forgiveness for all your sins. GIVE PERMISSION for Jesus to come into your heart, to offer the cleansing His presence gives. His nature will come IN you, and that will never lead you to sin.
You WILL die physically because of the legacy of Adam, but you will live eternally with God because of the legacy of Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:9:
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Let’s end with the encouragement of the Word of God and not the finger pointing of the world, the flesh and the devil.
But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
Always giving thanks for all things in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father.
The young lions do lack and suffer hunger, but they who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.
Psalm 34:17-19, 22:
The righteous cry and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants; and none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.
This is the God we serve. The world may call you a “bad, naughty sin boy or girl”, but Jesus knows we were born AFTER Adam’s sin and were handicapped in it. Jesus is the cure, the restoration…take it.
He loves you…just love Him back.
God bless you always.
NOW GO LIVE IT!
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.