Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet, there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they beheld God, and they ate and drank.
Don’t listen to the devil when he says, “you’re not worthy” … you’re NOT … BUT God chose you anyways!
- His disciples included a tax collector – a tax collector! – they were considered traitors to Israel
- He praised John the Baptist – a real counter-culturalist (was he the first “hippy”?)
- Jesus met with Nicodemus, a Pharisee
- He dined with Simon the Leper
For Jesus, the person was more important than the label society put on them. He sought their company…
- Do you seek His?
- Or do you tell Him, “Be there in a minute”
You sit down to have some quiet time with the Lord BUT:
- You read a few verses and get sleepy.
- You read a few verses and remember the laundry needs to go in the dryer.
- You read a few verses and remember you didn’t check your appointments for the day, so you go to your calendar saying, “Be there in a minute.”
- You remember the clothes have to come out of the dryer … your life can be full of wrinkles … but God forbid they should be in your clothes!
- Your cell phone pings, gotta check it, what if it’s one of the kids who needs something? “God, be there in a minute.”
- Or you are deep in prayer and have what I call “squirrel chasing” prayers. You start to pray about something and get off in a tangent and never get to hear what God is saying about it … just run down your list and run after every thought that comes in your head!
- Oops! Ran out of time, God … have to go to work, or take the kids to school, or run an errand for someone, or volunteer at Metropolitan Ministries … “Be there in a minute, Lord.”
As Paul so well put it:
But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered loss of all things, and count them but rubbish in order that I may gain Christ.
Don’t let the world pull you away from time with God … whether your “alone” time with Him, or as you walk (or run) through your day.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom, teaching, and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Let’s all together tell God, “I’m right here now, not later.”
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in Thee Lord; the humble shall hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
NOW GO LIVE IT
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.