Never has a soul who has gone astray from God’s commands benefited from his disobedience and rebellion. In fact, “all of us like sheep have gone astray; each of us has turned to his own way…” (Isaiah 53:6).
Going astray means to wander, to deceive oneself, to stagger around like a drunk man, caused to err, and to be seduced.
History tells us that God’s own people, Israel, often wandered from His commands and staggered into despair and calamity. Moses admonished the Hebrews in advance and declared to them that there would be a blessing for obedience and a curse for disobedience.
If they returned and obeyed, then God would restore, revive and reunite them to Himself granting them favor, blessings and benefits. However, if they chose to disobey, they would perish. Read it in Deuteronomy 30.
Today, all mankind has the opportunity to be forgiven, restored, revived and reunited to God through Jesus Christ, resulting in eternal life. Have you made your choice? Remember, choice determines destiny. Disobey and perish! Or, obey and live!
When God's people return and obey, then God will --
1. Restore them from captivity (Psalm 23:3)
2. Have compassion on them (Psalm 78:37-39)
3. Gather them to Him (Psalm 50:5; Psalm 106:43-46)
4. Give them possession of the Promised Land (Genesis 22:15-18)
5. Prosper them and multiply them (Psalm 1:1-6)
• Prosper: to be at ease, have peace, give rest, raise hopes, be happy, safe
• 3 John 2-4 Prosper: to get along with, to have a way opened, get along well, have a
6. Circumcise their heart and the heart of their descendants, to love the Lord God with all their hearts and with all their soul, in order that they may live. (Galatians 6:15, 16)
7. Prosper them abundantly in the work of their hands
8. Prosper their offspring
9. Prosper the offspring of their cattle
10. Prosper the product of their ground
11. God will rejoice over you for good (Matthew 18:11-14); Lost sheep (Joel 2:21-27)
Audio: (Click forward button below to play audio of sermon and/or download mp3 file.)
Personal Testimonies: Prior to the morning's message, Pastor Mark will open the floor to life testimonies. It is great encouragement to hear how the Lord is working in each of our lives. Listen as Shirley Parsons shows how God can use us as vessels to witness to others in places as simple as a local yard sale. (Click the forward button below to play the personal testimonies of Shirley Parsons and others and/or download mp3 file.)