But we DO have a choice if we want to have a different “daddy”. Jesus doesn’t just tell us to “be holy”. That can’t happen. We have a sin nature that doesn’t comply with the holy nature of God.
But God CAN put His heredity of holiness into me. The same thing that was in Jesus can be in me and you. But it’s voluntary, not forced on us. We have to understand that we are born broken and the entrance of redemption in Christ entering into our inner being is the key. We can become energized in Jesus (Galatians 4:19, “until Christ is formed in you”). If you ask for it, God can put a new nature in you and you CAN live a totally new and living way.
As Oswald Chambers stated, “And redemption means that I can be delivered from the heredity of sin, and that through Jesus Christ I can receive a pure and spotless heredity, namely, the Holy Spirit.”
Sin…a word often skipped over or frowned upon today…is not just a wrong “doing”; it’s really a wrong “being”.
It is pulling away from God’s ways and becoming your own God, determining what you think is right and wrong.
Not addressing sin as sin has made the gospel message watered down. There’s no sting or explosive power to it.
Jesus didn’t just feel bad for us…He took on the sin nature of the world. God made Him to BE sin…for us. Jesus never sinned but He put all of that on Himself and then offered Himself up for us. He took the death sentence FOR us. We don’t go to the prison of hell for eternity because what He did paid our debt.
But it is not automatic…you have to ask for the new heredity. You have to be redeemed from the old nature and put back into the heredity that God originally intended for His people. What a good and just God He is. He didn’t just snuff us all out, even though He could have. ANYONE can experience that reconciliation now because of what Jesus did on that cross.
2 Corinthians 5:21
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
In Christ, we CAN live a life higher, better than with the broken, lower, decrepit sin nature. The Scriptures tell us how. We’ll finish with this…
- Let love be without hypocrisy
- Abhor what is evil
- Cling to what is good
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love
- Give preference to one another in honor
- Not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord
- Rejoicing in hope
- Persevering in tribulation
- Devoted to prayer
- Contributing to the needs of the saints
- Practicing hospitality
- Bless those who persecute you
- Bless and curse not
- Rejoice with those who rejoice
- Weep with those who weep
- Be of the same mind toward one another
- Don’t be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly
- Don’t be wise in your own estimation
- Never pay back evil for evil
- Respect what is right in the sight of all men
- If possible, do far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men
- Never take your own revenge, but leave room for the wrath of God
- But if your enemy is hungry, feed him
- If he is thirsty, give him a drink
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good
None of us can do any of that to any high measure if all we have is the broken Adam nature. If all you have is the heredity of Adam…you are doomed to separation from God for eternity.
But if you have a new heredity that you come under, you are a child of God. You have His inheritance and will be with Him forever in His heavenly kingdom.
People can laugh at that and call it religion or myth or even lies. But there shall come a time when you will know who you have served…your own nature or the nature of God.
Better review your life and seriously ask yourself, “Who’s Your Daddy?”
NOW GO LIVE IT!
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.