Grace: Greek – Charis
- the friendly disposition from which the kindly act proceeds
- bounty, liberality
- you don’t deserve it – but you get it
- a favorable regard, highly favored
- designed to give pleasure or joy or delight
- TOTALLY different from a “debt” or the “law”
Some difference from the wrathful, angry God so often portrayed!
Examples to show you are in good company:
- John Newton (wrote Amazing Grace) – he was an English slave trader/curser/blasphemer; conversion to Christ on a slave ship; became a crusader to stop slavery; endured much suffering and mocking in doing so
- King David – murderer and adulterer; sought after God with all His heart and served Him (lost his first born for his sins though)
- Peter – traitor; denied Jesus; went on to be great apostle; was crucified for serving the Lord
- Paul – persecutor of Christians, arranged their executions; went on to serve God in a mighty way; was crucified for his work in Jesus
Grace is not a license to sin…it’s a return ticket home after you’ve run away from God!
Grace is freely given: Psalm 84:11
Grace enables you to lead a simple life: 2 Corinthians 1:12
Grace empowers you for service: 2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Grace is not given for selfish use: 1 Peter 4:10
Grace is promised to the humble: 1 Peter 5:5
Grace is sufficient for all human needs: 2 Corinthians 12:9
Grace is the source of power: 2 Timothy 2:1
(Listen to entire sermon below.)
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.