What causes a nation to decline? Some steps that lead to that decline are:
- The people turn to blatant immorality and forget God
- Ungodly leaders arise
- Apathetic, uncommitted by-standers look on in silence
Wow! That certainly describes the last 30 years it seems. But I don’t want us to think that the sky is falling. God has given us instructions on how to live in this world and not do the lesser things of the world. And the more of us who live like that, the more likely we can make America Godly again.
If you read 1 Thessalonians 4:3-12, you’ll find eight steps on how to please God and turn a nation around.
- Vs 1 – abstain from sexual immorality…what a novel idea!
- Vs 4-5 – know how to possess your own vessel in sanctification and honor…work on yourself, not others
- Vs 6 – don’t cheat on your fellow man
- Vs 7-8 – no impurity…strive rather for integrity, truth, sobriety etc.
- Vs 9-10 – love one another…forgive, forget, move on
- Vs 11 - lead a quiet life…slow down
- Vs 11b – not attend to your own business…don’t be a rescuer, learn to say “no”
- Vs 11c – work with your hands (mow a lawn, cut a shrub, wash a car)…be a worker not a shirker
Serve God — Serve Each Other — SAVE THE NATION!
NOW GO LIVE IT!
If you have never put your complete faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation, why not believe what God's word says and call on Jesus Christ to save you right now? Click here and let us show you how you can KNOW JESUS.